Living in Southern California means there is always good Mexican food around. One fact about me is that I love all my food saucy! The more sauce, salsa and dips the better. In this post I am sharing three tasty and saucy recipes I recreated from the makers of LA VICTORIA® Brand. Their salsas take on the bold and unique flavors of the West Coast, and I am loving them.
LA VICTORIA® is celebrating 100 years with exciting events in Los Angeles and San Diego which you can be a part of!
I am excited to be sponsored by LA VICTORIA® to recreate and shares recipes using their flavorful ingredients. I chose to buy the Thick n’ Chunky Salsa Verde, Salsa Brava Hot Sauce and the Green Taco Sauce, and I am absolutely in love with the Salsa Brava. Continue reading “Blistered Brussels and Cauliflower, 100 Years of West Coast Flavors and More!”
Nachos are one of my favorite dishes to order when we go out! I love all the cheese and toppings, but usually I don’t see nachos with shrimp on the menu. These shrimp nachos with easy pan roasted jalapeños and corn and tons of guacamole are just the best thing ever to me right now!
Shrimp is so quick to cook. Pair that with your favorite store bought salsa and GOODFOODS Tableside® Chunky Guacamole, and you have a mouth-watering easy appetizer perfect for the holidays. Or do you want to just make this your dinner one night? I’m not judging!
Since I am not much of a meat eater, I am always looking for ways to add more protein into my diet. This Easy Lemon Quinoa Salad is by far my favorite way to eat quinoa. Quinoa is a complete protein, and pairing it with crisp vegetables and bright lemon juice makes it so flavorful and easy to eat.
Over the summer I made this salad several times, but I never got around to sharing the recipe! Even though it is fall now, that has not kept me from enjoying this healthy salad, and I want you to be able to make my Easy Lemon Quinoa Salad too!
My husband Tommy has never been a quinoa fan, but he really liked this salad. The avocado is so creamy, and it goes perfectly with the crisp vegetables and lemon juice. The combination of all of the ingredients sold him on it, and I’m glad because it is such a great source of plant-based protein.
So even though I am looking forward to my hearty fall and winter dishes, I just had to share this fresh, Easy Lemon Quinoa Salad with you! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Easy Lemon Quinoa Salad
1 ½ Cups Uncooked White Quinoa
3 Cups Water
¼ Teaspoon Sea Salt
1 Can of Corn (15 ounce) or 1 ½ Cups Frozen Corn Kernels, thawed
1 Whole English Cucumber, diced small
¼ Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Juice of 1-2 Fresh Lemons (depending on tartness desired)
¼ Teaspoon of Sea Salt, add more to taste
Black Pepper to taste
1 Large Hass Avocado
1. Rinse quinoa in a fine strainer under water. Combine rinsed quinoa with 3 cups of water and ¼ teaspoon sea salt in a medium sauce pan. Bring ingredients to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 15-20 minutes until all water is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy and slightly translucent. Uncover, fluff with a fork and let it cool for 10 minutes.
2. While quinoa is cooking move on to the rest of the recipe. Combine corn, cucumber, cilantro, olive oil, lemon juice (begin with juice of one lemon), sea salt and black pepper in a large bowl and toss all ingredients together.
3. Add cooked quinoa into the large bowl with the other ingredients, and toss together to combine. Add more lemon juice, salt and pepper if desired. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow salad to cool and ingredients to combine. When ready to serve top with diced avocado.
• I love the salad with the juice of two whole lemons. I suggest that you only begin with one in case two lemons are too tart for your taste. You can always add more later if desired.
• Do not mix in avocado if you will be saving the salad or using leftovers. Add fresh diced avocado to each dish before eating to avoid avocado browning.
Sometimes you need a little something different for lunch or dinner. Try this recipe for my Jalapeño Lemon Chicken, and give your chicken breast a tangy little makeover. Pair it with a fresh salad for a light and satisfying meal or with beans and rice to make it hearty!
This week I came back from a vacation in Portland, Oregon with Tommy. I had an amazing time. The places we saw were beyond gorgeous. I loved every minute, and can’t wait to share the trip here on my blog. The food scene in Portland is just awesome, but it’s always nice to come home and have home cooked meals. That is my focus this week, and this Jalapeño Lemon Chicken got us off to a great start.
In fact, before making this recipe I’d only had curry maybe once in my adult life. Over the last several months I’ve made this recipe many times, and Tommy and I just can’t get enough. Continue reading “Chicken and Vegetable Coconut Curry “
Make this special Valentine’s Day pizza with your honey, your kids, your friends, family or just for yourself too! It is an easy, inexpensive and fun dish to make together. Continue reading “Valentine’s Day Heart Shaped Pizza”